I guess I better start blogging regularly. I was reading a book earlier about how important it is for writers to clock out a certain number of words per week, or per day. So even if I’m just blogging about the most random, pointless things, (which is basically what I’ve done so far) I must continue.
I leave for Africa in 4 days. Four days. Wow. I was talking to the other person who is going to live in our house while I’m there. His name is Billy. He seems like he’ll be a good roommate. I’m glad there’s a guy that will be living with us. If it were to be three girls or just two girls, I don’t know how that would go down. Depends on how the other girl is. She seems very sweet and kind though. I’m really not concerned in the least. 🙂
I just can’t wait, though. I can’t wait to immerse myself in another culture. A completely different way of living. I just hope that when I’m there I don’t get homesick and seek familiarity. But I am prepared to go through culture shock. Or at least I hope I’m ready..
I’ve decided to write down some goals that I want to accomplish while being there:
1. Learn how to hold a basic conversation in Twi, their native language.
2. Try “Star” beer. I’ve heard many good things about it. And I happen to really like beer.
3. Find a wild elephant. Get as close as I can to it.
4. Go to Coco Beach. http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/01/10/66/95/new-coco-beach-resort.jpg
5. Climb the rain forest tree tops.
6. Snap photos up the wazoo. Hopefully get a few published.
7. Continue writing in this blog, updating it at least weekly.
That’s all for now. I’ve gotta go continue packing and all that. But I also would like to say that I will be writing a weekly column for Times News during my stay in Accra. Hopefully y’all will be able to find it online! I’ll post the link for all my articles.